Sunday 3 April 2011

Black Box Book Swap


Some photographs from the book swap and family fun day at the Black Box yesterday. Above and below - vintage whatnots on my stall.


Some of my cake stands and lots of children having fun painting, watching the puppet show and in a drum circle. Lots of noise. Not very many people buying anything. I'd really rather not talk numbers.

Danny and I made up for the disappointment by going to a gig later on with Kieron Goss at the Grand Opera House that my parents had given me tickets for. Kieron's music really didn't float my boat but he has great banter and he had some amazing guests on with him, notably Maura O'Connell, Tom Paxton and Edie reader whose voice totally blew me away and it was worth going just to hear her three songs. The packed audience was fully in the swing of things and we unabashedly sang along to several songs. I love that feeling of solidarity you get when you start singing with a huge bunch of strangers.



No comments:

Post a Comment