Monday 11 April 2011

Today's find: vintage magazines


I found these great 'Picture Post' magazines in a charity shop (the same one where I got the old music manuscripts) and they all date from 1939 or 1940. There were hoards of these magazines, carefully preserved by someone for 70 odd years and they are filled with photographs from all around the world and really interesting articles about anything and everything under the sun though not surprisingly Hitler and his cronies feature quite often.

I'll make another post with pictures from the articles but for now here are some adverts. I might frame a few of them or use them in craft projects if I can bear to cut them up. 

 

Above: ways for the modern lady to wear a veil, how very civilised. And below, a brilliant advert for Phosferine tonic wine as a remedy for depression.

No comments:

Post a Comment