Tuesday 1 February 2011

Recent craft fairs


Around Christmas time I tried my hand at doing a stall at a couple of craft fairs and one photography fair for the first time. With a lot of encouragement (and driving around) from my mum we just about managed to scrape together a profit. I found the poor sales rather dispiriting at first especially after all the organisation involved, but then realised that it'll take some hard work and experimentation to find out what works and what doesn't.


At this fair I plonked myself on the corner of my friend's cupcake stall and just stuck to selling the paperback Christmas trees which ended up working out much better than the fair pictured below where I tried to sell a little bit of everything - vintage, photography and craft.

Hopefully it's onwards and upwards from here - keep an eye out for lost and found at a craft fair near you!

No comments:

Post a Comment